- Invited speaker information is available.
- Submission deadline was extended to Oct 10, 2018.
- Submission deadline was extended to Oct 5, 2018.
- Detailed information about paper submission is now available in Submission page.
- Submission deadline is Sep 28, 2018.
Call for Papers
There have been a lot of works for understanding human appearances and activities, e.g., face/gesture recognition, pose estimation, and surveillance. Supported by great ability of the deep neural network, such works currently show fine performance as long as they can prepare well-conditioned dataset. It is now time to tackle understanding of "unvisible" factors, i.e., inertial states, such as attention, intention, and emotions. One of concerns for such studies is difficulty of preparing well-controlled dataset, because we cannot exactly control human’s intention/emotion and there is no way to know their ground truth.
In this workshop, we aim at bringing together people with experience not only on computer vision and human behavior analysis, but also on human vision, human interfaces, and their applications. The workshop will offer a valuable opportunity for sharing ideas and cutting-edge achievements in those fields. We expect the workshop to promote future collaborations of participants in different research backgrounds.
AIU2018 will be held as a part of the ACCV2018 workshops.
Topics (but not limited to):
- First-person vision
- Visual attention, saliency
- Activity forecasting
- Gaze measurement/estimation
- Intention estimation
- Surveillance for safety and security
- Face expression recognition
- Gesture recognition
- E-learning system
- Social activity detection, tracking, and recognition
- Social group segmentation
- Social behavior modeling and prediction
- Human Computer Interaction
- Ethical, legal, social issue (ELSI)
- Andreas Bulling (MPI)
- David Crandall (Indiana Univ.)
- Dima Damen (Univ. of Bristol)
- Hitoshi Habe (Kindai Univ.)
- Takatsugu Hirayama (Nagoya Univ.)
- Hirokatsu Kataoka (AIST)
- Yong-Jae Lee (UC Davis)
- Yin Li (Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison)
- Yasushi Makihara (Osaka Univ.)
- Ko Nishino (Kyoto Univ.)
- Nick Rhinehart (CMU)
- Michael Ryoo (Indiana Univ.)
- Yoichi Sato (Univ. of Tokyo)
- Krishna Kumar Singh (UC Davis)
- Yusuke Sugano (Osaka Univ.)
- Hirotake Yamazoe (Ritsumeikan Univ.)